An amazing array of paintings have been entered in WPAG’s “Color Explosions” Exhibit! Judged by Mr. R. Lynn Whitelaw Founding Director and Chief Curator of Leepa Rattner Museum of Art, Retired. The Exhibit is open through April 5, 2018, Tues., Wed., Thurs., 10 am to 3pm and Saturdays 12 noon to 3pm.
The following awards were presented at the show opening on March 9.
[Click photo to enlarge, arrows or arrow keys to advance]
1st Place: Chuck Simmons “Decorative Buoys”
“Great use of media and color to create an engaging work of art.”
2nd Place: Audrey Lerigo “It’s My Mibnnbie”
“Wonderful expression of the dog enhanced by choice of surrounding colors and textures.”
3rd Place: Marilyn Wescott “Color of Corniglia”
“Love the architectural detailing. Not easy with so many planes and color changes Nice feeling to it.”
- Marian Heinlein “Man in Black” — “Nicely conceived portrait. Captures and sitter.”
- Georgia Strack “Morning Glory” — “Love the fluidity, captured light and overall presentation”
- Karen Jaenichen “This World Is Not Enough” — “Ambitious and well conceived. Engaging.”
- Roni O’Connor “Color My World” — “Nicely rendered and detailed especially against black background.”
- Sylvia Solomon “Byzantium” — “Yeah for abstraction. I enjoy the play of color, form, and texture.”
- Sheryl Seelig “Baton Rouge Rider” — “There is something about the simplicity and nostalgic feeling that is appealing.”