Congratulations to all the artists exhibiting in West Pasco Art Guild’s April, 2017, show “How Does Your Garden Grow.” The show was judged by Carol Loiacono, an award-winning plein air artist who gave an inspiring watercolor demonstration at our March monthly meeting. The following ribbons were awarded — Carol’s comments included (see photos below):
1st Place: Desert Garden Globes by Marilyn Wescott — Beautiful use of watercolor, wonderful color value and composition.
2nd Place: Hibiscus Sunshine by Lyn Rodger — Soft wistful rendering, good negative areas.
3rd Place: One is Ripe, One is Not by Ardith Gourley — Wonderful details, beautifully framed, nice composition, good depiction of leaves and stems.
- Hollyhocks by Carol Spicuglia — A cheerful vibrant garden
- The Collector by Linda Simmons — Beautiful photographic composition, jewel-like dark areas and nice diffusion of colors.
- Twilite Blossom by Christine Cooke — Dark rich negative areas with vibrant flowers.
Honorable Mention Awards
- Marissa in Daffodils by Darla Willhite Nolan — Joyful painting
- Ada’s Hibiscus by Maxine MacDonald — Lovely use of the paper: it was used effectively and had good movement.
- Putting It All Together by Karen Jaenichen — Beautiful contemporary piece: love the colors.
Young Artists workshops have been meeting the first Saturday of each month Since October under the leadership of Marilyn Westcott and Karen jaenichen. Artwork from these young artists, ages 8 through 15 are included in this show.