March’s art exhibit is now on display until the end of March. This exhibit was judged by Suzanne Natzke who is an award winning artist who has given many workshops and demonstrations at West Pasco Art Guild. She is signature member of the Florida Watercolor Society. Congratulations to all the award winners:
1st Place: Darla Nolan “Dick from VFW”
Creative and exciting color choices! The figure, especially the face, is siplified and not overworked, with lovel warm highlights.
2nd Place: Dan Nolan “Black Beauty”
Wonderful complementary colors, strong values, and a twinkly of personality in the eye. Good sense of movement in the horse’s mane.
3rd Place: Joan Witucki “Fred Howard Park”
Lush foliage comes to life with a variety of greens. The pink of the birds and the tree trunks move the eye around the painting.
- Georgia Stack “Memories” — Wonderful textures and excellent handling of the glass.
- Audrey Lerigo “Bush Garden Tiger” — Great sense of depth, eyes are beautifully done.
- Valerie Brandau “Dog” — Love the simplification and muted colors!
- Doreen Davis “Hibiscus Close Up” — Lovely analogous colors and good variation in background.
- Christine Cooke “Birch Grove Visitor” — Good texture and soft blues and greens lend a stylistic feel.
- Mano Visweshwar “Enchanting” — Simple but compelling shapes.