The WPAG Young Artists program for 2016–17 will begin on Saturday, Oct. 1 with a workshop on Fractured Art with instructor Karen Jaenichen. The class runs from 9:30-11:30 for ages 8 and up. Each child will take home a completed painting.
The cost is $5.00 per child of WPAG members, $10 per child of non-members and includes all materials. Registration forms are available at the WPAG. For more information or to register your young artist, leave a message at the guild, (727) 841-7732.
Mark your calendar for WPAG Young Artist Saturday morning workshops!
- Oct. 1 – Fractured Art
- Nov. 5 – Nature and Negative Painting
- Dec. 3 – Adventures with Acrylics
- Jan. 9 – The Power of Printmaking
- Feb. 4 – Colored Pencils and
- Mar. 4 – Weaving 3-D Art
- Apr. 1 – Fun with Collage
- Apr. 7 – WPAG April Art Show featuring Young Artists — Children who attend at least 4 of the 5 workshops between October and April are eligible to participate in the WPAG Young Artist Art Show in April. Original artwork created in class or at home is eligible to show.
The mission of the WPAG Young Artists Program is to provide children with the opportunity to experiment with different tools and techniques as they explore the elements of art and the principles by which they are applied.